Computational Thinking & Didactics of ICTs
Computational Thinking, Computer Science Education
[Coding, computational thinking dimensions, educational robotics, physical computing, computer science education, interdisciplinary approach]
- Fessakis, G., Komis, V., Mavroudi, E., Prantsoudi, S. (In Press). Exploring the scope and the conceptualization of Computational Thinking at the K-12 classroom level curriculum, In M.S. Khine (Ed.)(in press). Computational Thinking in the STEM Disciplines: Foundations and Research Highlights. Switzerland: Springer [EN]
- Fessakis, G., Mavroudi, E., Prantsoudi, S. (2017). Current conception of Computational Thinking at the K-12 classroom level curriculum, Poster presented at ISSEP 2017, 13-15 NOV 2017, Un. of Helsinki, Finland, [EN]
- Fessakis G. & Kirodimou E., (2016). Improving the teachers’ understanding of complex systems through dynamic systems modelling and problem solving. HMS – International Journal Mathematics Education, Volume 7. 2015 – 2016 (59-92) [EN]
- Mavroudi, E., Petrou, Ar., Fessakis, G., (2014). Computational Thinking: Conceptual development, international initiatives and programs of studies, in Proceedings of 7th Pan-Hellenic Conference “Computer Science Education”, University of Crete, Rethymno, 3-5/10/2014, pp.: 110-120 [GR]
- Fessakis, G., Kladogenis, D., Markouzis, D., (2012). Training mixed groups of teachers and students in educational robotics using the studio pedagogical model, In C., Kynigos, J., Clayson, & N., Yiannoutsou (eds.), Proceedings of CONSTRUCTIONISM 2012 Conf., August 21-25, Athens, Greece. pp.: 260-269 [EN]
- Fesakis G., & Karakiza, T. (2011). Pedagogical beliefs and attitudes of Computer Science teachers in Greece. Themes in Science and Technology Education, 4(2), pp. 75-88.
- Fesakis, Serafeim K. (2009). Influence of the Familiarization with “Scratch” on Future Teachers’ Opinions and Attitudes about Programming and ICT in Education, In proceedings of the 14th Annual ACM SIGCSE Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education. (ITiCSE-2009), Paris, France, 6-8 July, 2009, Vol II, ACM, New York, NY, USA, pp. 258-262
Computational Thinking and Educational Robotics in Pre-Primary Education
[ Computational thinking dimensions, Educational Robotics, Coding, physical computing, interdisciplinary approach, kindergarten]
- Fesakis G., Mavroudi E., Prantsoudi St., (2016). Current trends and issues for coding in preschool and primary education, In Proceedings of the 8th Pan-hellenic Conference “Informatics Didactics”, Ioannina, 23-25/9/2016, p. 33-41 [GR]
- Fessakis, G., Gouli, E., & Mavroudi, E., (2013). Problem solving by 5–6 years old kindergarten children in a computer programming environment: A case study. Computers & Education, 63, 87–97. [EN]
- Fessakis G., Tasoula E., (2006). Design of a computer controlled robotic device for the construction of mathematical and spatial concepts for preschoolers. “Astrolavos” Journal of Greek Mathematical Society, Vol 6, July-December 2006, pp. 33-54, [GR]
Computer Science Education, Programming Concepts in Secondary Education
[Computer Science Didactics, programming models, programming concepts, Web2.0, Secondary Education]
- Petrou A. & Dimitracopoulou A. (2008). Teaching Computer Sciences to students with muscle-kinetics difficulties, with the support of collaborative learning activities and social technologies. In V. Komis (Ed) Proceedings of 4rth Hellenic Conference on Didactics of Computer Sciences, 28-30 Mars, 2008, University of Patras [GR]
- Petrou A. & Dimitracopoulou A. (2007). Scenarios of collaboration learning in Computer Sciences for students with special needs. 1st Panellenic Conference with International Participation, “The Special Education in the era of Knowledge Society”, Athens, 26-29 April, 2007, Hellenic Association of Special Pedagogy. [GR]
- Fessakis G. & Dimitracopoulou Α., (2006), Review of the field of programming educational environments: Technological and Pedagogical Projections, Themes in Education, Special Issue, 7(3), pp. 279-304
- Fessakis G. & Dimitracopoulou, A (2006). Review of learning environments for programming In D. Psillos & V. Dagdidelis (Editors) 5th Hellenic Congress with International Participation: Information and Communication Technologies in Education. HICTE, Thessaloniki, Oct, 2006, pp. 67-74 [GR]
- Fessakis G. & Dimitracopoulou, A (2005). Cognitive difficulties of secondary education students related to the concept of programming variable, and proposals for educational interventions In (Editor). A. Τzimogiannis, 3rd Congress of Computer Sciences Education, Korinthos, October 2005. [GR]
- Fessakis G., Halatsis K, Kalavassis F., & Dimitracopoulou A. (2000). The constraints of Von Neumann computational models to the course «Development of applications in programming environment’ and the Petri Networks. In (Ed). V. Komis. Proceedings of 2nd Congress “Technologies of Information and Communication in Education, University of Patras Editions, pp. 136-144. [GR]
Computer Science Education / Learning of Data Base Design in Secondary Education
[Didactics of data base design, real stories activities, interdisciplinarity, secondary education]
- Fessakis G., Dimitracopoulou A., Komis, V. (2005). Improving database design didactics in secondary education using action research. Journal of Computers in Human Behavior. Vol, 21,(2), pp. 159-194, [EN]
- Fessakis, G., & Dimitracopoulou, A., (2003). Exploitation of data modeling for database design in secondary education learning activities: A case study concerning real stories analysis. In (Eds) E. Auer & U. Auer, Interactive Computer Aided Learning (ICL) 2003, Carinthia Tech Institute, 24-26 Sep 2003 Villach, Austria[ http://www.icl-workshop.org].
- Fessakis, G., Dimitracopoulou, A., Halatsis, C., (2003). Secondary education students database design difficulties and remedial teaching strategies., In A. M. Vilas, J.A. M. Gonzalez, J. M. Gonzalez (Eds) Advances in Technology-Based Education: Toward a Knowledge-Based Society. II International conference on multimedia ICT’s in Education, Badajoz, Spain, December 3-6 2003, Edition: Junta de Extremadura, Consejeria de Education, Volumes: I-III, Collection, 2, pp. 1002-1006.
- Fesakis Γ., Dimitracopoulou , Komis B. (2004) Didactical Exploitation of data modeling for Data Base design: The case study of a learning activity describing road accidents. In N.Tzimopoulos & M. Iosifidou (Eds) Proceedings of 2nd Hellenic Conference, “Teachers and ICTs in Education”, HICTE, Syros, Greece, 9-11 May 2003, New technologies Editions, Vol. A. pp. 721-732.
- Fessakis G., Komis V., Dimitracopoulou A. (2002). Mental Models and cognitive difficulties of students creating data bases. In (Ed) A. Dimitracopoulou “Information and Communication Technologies in Education’, Conference proceedings, 3rd Hellenic Congress with International Participation, ‘ICTs in Education”, Volume 1, pages 803, Volume II, pp. 631, KASTANIOTIS-Inter@ctive editions.Vol. A’. pp. 267-276.